Tw: self harm & mental health 18+

Emily

Hey everyone.

So I have a long history of self harming, and I've been about 3-4 years clean. I think the main reason is bc around that long ago was when I started seeing my partner, and I didn't want him seeing it or asking questions bc I can't be bothered with it. So all this time I've been quite proud of myself that I haven't don't it at all, and we are now living together, and have been for at least 2 years (idk exact times/dates). I've told him before that I used to do it and that I tried to *toaster bath* myself when I was a teenager, not sure if he remembers.(I'm 22 now). Anyway, I was playing with my cat today and he scratched me, which I didn't actually really notice until later, and when I did notice I found myself really wanting to self harm again bc I liked how it looked (ik that prob seems odd, idk why I like it, I don't like it on anyone else). I think I would definitely be a consistent self harmer if it weren't for my partner being around, and the only reason I've kept from doing it is so there's no questions and no talk of it. I'm not feeling any worse mentally than usual, so I don't really know why this triggered it, has anyone hd something similar happen? I'm not suicidal, so there's no cause for concern, I'm in no danger. I hope y'all can give me some advice. :)