Relationship advice needed due to struggle because of jobs

Audrey

So me and my best friend started dating January 29th, 2020 and we live 203 miles apart from each other due to our jobs We’ve talked about it a lot the distance and our jobs since we both work for the state we live in. I work at a state hospital and he works as a CO (correctional officer) at the state penitentiary. I’ve been struggling lately with the distance and his job because I love my benefits and the place I’m employed that I struggle with moving closer to him for one thing. Lately his job has him traveling a lot and it’s been hard for the both of us because he’s barely home. Also when we’ve planned to get together he keeps canceling because he’s on call all the time lately for transport duty. Both of us love our jobs and he told me early on in the relationship that since he has a daughter less then 1 year old he’s probably never going to move due to he wants to highly be an active father in his daughter’s life. I respect that he wants to be involved in her life as much as possible. How do you make the relationship work with the distance we live apart and with him being a CO?