Diagnostic Laparoscopy

Tina • TTC#1 - 3yr. Endo IVF #1: 33 eggs retrieved - 21 mature - 18 fertilized

Hi,

I have a diagnostic laparoscopy scheduled for Friday this week. Didn’t think it would happen with COVID, but to my surprise it is still happening..

My husband and I have been trying 2-3 years (I stopped counting cause it only hurts to think about it) and we’ve done pretty much all non-invasive testing that came back normal: bloodworks, semen analysis, and hsg, etc. Regular cycle 27-28days, not diagnosed with endometriosis and went through 3 cycles of IUIs with Letrozole. I did get pregnant, but it was of unknown location ended with a shot of methotrexate. Next step our doctor recommended was Laparoscopy. It will give doctor to take a look at the organs. I’m seeing this as “get some answers” procedure, but as I’ve ever gone through any surgeries, a bit nervous!

Any of you have gone through diagnostic Laparoscopy? Or any laparoscopy, what’s your experience like?

I bought some peppermint tea after reading about the shoulder pain from the gas left inside. I’m planning to just sleep, eat, watch tv, play video game for the weekend afterwards.. how long did it take you to feel normal? Any recommendations or sharing of your experience will be appreciated!

Update(Saturday, the day after laparoscopy)

Everything went smoothly. Once laid on the operating table, they got IV line hooked and soon after I was out.

Recovery was quick and good, EXCEPT my incision in belly button won’t stop bleeding. The nurse had to change out my dressing 3 times while I was in recovery and on the way home even before I got home it started to leak 🤦🏻‍♀️🥴 I changed out the dressing 4 times yesterday since I got home at 5:30pm. And twice during the night. I did take ibuprofen that I was prescribed yesterday, but stopped taking it today to help the incision site to stop bleeding. Thankfully I don’t have any shoulder pain or any pain in general. Seems like finally today afternoon, it’s not bleeding actively any more 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Doctors appointment set up for Tuesday. Can’t wait to hear what was found to help us get our Dream come true.