My mother knows no boundaries

Exactly as the title says.

I know this is long but please I just don’t know anymore.

I am 9 months pregnant currently and my and my husband’s last nerves are being pulled.

She will call me 2-3 times a day. To ask what were we doing, what are we doing right now and what will be doing later. Three times a day.

She will first call in the morning ask me when did I get up, what I will be doing today, will I go someplace or not and if my husband went to work and when even though he goes every day at the same time.

That call is ok I guess, she is checking on me if I am fine, whatever. But if I don’t answer her she will write again and again and then finally she will make my dad call me why am I not answering her, what was I busy with 🙄

She will then call me in the afternoon to see again what am I doing and ask me the same questions ahe asked earlier. Did I ate and what did I ate and what I plan to cook for dinner and what did I do in those couple of hours. Again she will ask if my husband is already back from work even though he comes home at the same time every single day.

And then she calls usually again at 9pm (before she goes to work, she works night shift) if my husband is at home and what we had for dinner and when am I going to go to bed.

Last night I just couldn’t be bothered and didn’t answer her so this morning she asks me I called you last night and you didn’t answer, what were you doing?

Some day I will just tell her I was having sex with my husband and you were bothering us 🙄

It is getting ridiculous and it is not because she is so worried about me since I am pregnant. It was like this before as well. Now we are both sick of it. If she can’t reach me she calls my husband and calls and calls until someone picks up.

She literally wants to know our every step.

I have tried to talk to her but she acts like a child, she started cry saying how we don’t want her on our lifes. She is apparently not appreciated and all she is doing is to check if we are fine. My father is no help because the second she is crying I and my husband are the bad guys.

I want to cry because I can’t do this anymore. And with the baby coming I am scared she will be worse.

My husband is beyond annoyed and I understand I am more than him.

Or she is constantly whining why haven’t we called her. She doesn’t give me the chance for me to call her first. When you talk with someone every day you have nothing to talk about.

Last week she was sooo upset apparently because we said we are not coming to sunday lunch at theirs. And then she is like fine you don’t have to come and see me at all. Like???

I want to still be close to her but this is just manipulating at this point and obsessive.

I don’t know what to do anymore.

I don’t need this kind of stress when the Baby comes and I especially don’t need someone to be this obsessive with my baby.

Distancing myself and not being interested in conversation doesn’t help, I have been doung that for a year and no change. She usually says wooow you are always in such a bad mood, when are you ever happy 😒

She is not that old, she is 43 so no dementia on her part 🤷🏻‍♀️

Advice