Customer made me want to cry

Ma

I don’t normally post about my job because there’s normally a whole lot of negative customers (people like to take their frustration for literally everything and anything out on people who work in service industry apparently) but I like to make it a point to be as nice and friendly as possible to try and counteract this.

I work in a really popular fast food chain local to my county and we’re constantly having a huge line and pretty long wait times honestly. Because of this I always try to make it a point to say at least one compliment to every customer I interact with or to tell them to have a fantastic day, and I genuinely mean it.

There’s a regular who comes often and today I chose to compliment her jacket and the second I said it she LIT UP! She started smiling so widely and said “I just love coming here when you’re here you’re just always so happy and positive I love it!” And I damn near cried because the customer before her had been so damn rude. (Shoved money in my face without even looking at me, not saying hello, not saying thank you for the receipt, and having a really nasty attitude but that’s not uncommon now cuz everyone is stressed with the pandemic)

It just felt so nice to be genuinely appreciated and to realize that me going out of my way to say one nice thing to each customer actually reaches them and they appreciate me. It felt so nice I can’t even believe how happy it made me