Vanishing twin (could it be?) *long post*

boymomforever 💙💙🤰 • Mother of five angel babies, a happy and healthy 4yo boy & a 1.5yo boy & last baby and BOY #3 due June 20 ‘23 💙

Ok mamas, just wanted to share my story and see what you ladies think.

I found out I was pregnant (I literally hadn’t even missed my period yet) and got put on progesterone twice a day because of previous losses. Levels were going up from 23 on January 6 and then 354 on January 14. I had my first ultrasound on Monday January 25 (6w1d according to LMP) and she could only see a gestational sac (5mm) and was measuring less than 6 weeks. Also cervix was closed.

The next day, I went to the bathroom and there was blood in my underwear. I immediately called my dr as this was my 6th pregnancy and I only have 1 live child. He gave me a blood work form that showed the levels were just over 1000. (But I didn’t see that level until after I got blood drawn at OB triage at the hospital.) Those levels at the hospital came back at about 780 give or take. So dr said unfortunately you’re having a miscarriage if you are sure you are 6 weeks along. The two tests were done within 3 hours of each other. So when I got home my results were in (1000) and I had to admit to myself that yes, I am miscarriage for the 5th time.

I bled til about jan 31/feb 1st and but no super big clots or anything. And it tapered off into brown mucus. I’ve actually had heavier periods while not pregnant. And now no bleeding since so its been 2 weeks since I was told I was having a miscarriage.

(I accidentally overdosed on Tylenol 3 on January 30 and was admitted to hospital for an antidote to reverse liver damage, due to the amount of acetaminophen in my body. I was released next day)

So everything was fine, I slept for 2 days and was feeling ok. I actually knew by touching my nipples that I wasn’t pregnant anymore before the bleeding started, which made me think I was going to miscarry so when I saw the blood for the first time I was like “yup you were right” so it made sense for the levels to be dropping.

For the last few days my boobs hurt more than they did while I was pregnant?? and I had the weirdest craving one night for waffles toasted, with peanut butter spread and sliced bananas & maple syrup all over. I ate 4 of them and then went to bed?? My smell is very sensitive. Heart burn last night. To be completely honest I feel like I’m pregnant more than I did for the 5 weeks or so that I was. The tests are still showing positive and pretty dark too. (Top picture was yesterday and bottom from today, not fmu) I have a bunch of tests lying around and I wanted to see if the levels were gone. I feel like it got darker!???

I read about vanishing twins and how it’s actually possible to lose one and still have one in ?????? What are your thoughts on this? I got blood work done today so will see if the levels are dropping but man, I feel weird. Helpppp!