Relationship problems

Hey there I am struggling a bit rn with my boyfriend I wanted to know what some of u think and if anyone has ever been in a similar situation.

So I am 18 and have been dating my man for almost 2 years now. I have been struggling with depression since I was 16.

The problem here is that he does not understand what it is like for me at all, I don’t blame him he’s always had good mental health and the only way to truly understand it its by going through it- I would hate that for him. So in a way I am glad he does not comprehend to what extent depression and anxiety affect me.

However, I feel invisible, I don’t feel seen when it comes to my mental health struggles. I have brought I up but I do not how to say it to him properly, I do not know how to solve it, what should I do? This I something that cannot be changed overnight. I don’t see much effort coming from him because when I did bring it up once he only asked me how my anxiety was the next day and that is it: first and last time he has done it. It was so much for me just by hearing him recognise what I go through made me cry.

What would you guys do, I do not want to sound threatening to him but I do have to let him know I prioritise my mental health and I’d have to break up w him.