No Progress 😩 Induction Tuesday

Devon - 💙 3 Sweet Boys 💕 Baby Girl Feb 2021💕

Last doctor appointment today and no further cervix progress. I'm still 1cm dilated (3 weeks now) and this new midwife said I'm actually less effaced than I was last week, however the hell that's possible. 🤷 Baby's positioning today she said maybe. -2 station. I can feel baby floating around up high today.

I'm nervous. I've had 2 natural starting labors and one induction, my last son at 39+3. With that induction I was further dilated and effaced & they just gave me an oral pill and started a low dose of pitocin and my son was born 12 hours later, complication free. Easy peasy. Today she told me (new practice with this baby) they will most likely induce medication free and start with a foley balloon??? Has anyone ever been induced this way?? I just read that can take up to 24 hours?? Are you kidding me?

I'm having major doubts about all this now. 🥺 Maybe this isn't the right thing to do. My main fear was a labor that was TOO fast because of the birth of my 2nd. Not this. To induce and it take over 24 hours because I chose to move that direction just seems INSANE to me. Now I feel stupid about the whole thing.

Was anyone induced with a balloon? Was it a long induction?

I told my husband maybe I should just let her come on her own and he said, well shit, I already took the time off work, what am I supposed to change all of that now??

Like shit! Sorry to mess up all your WORK PLANS thinking about our child & what's best for her! 😩😑🤨

EDIT: Just sat down & cried for a bit. I realized I'm starting to spiral emotionally because her birth is SO SO close 😭😭 I'm going to try some more natural ways to ripen up the cervix and dilate over the next 5 days. I guess my non emotional post would have said, has anyone been induced with the foley balloon and can you share your experience? 🤦