To move or not to move w/ kids - your advice pls

oeomma

I have been wanting to move to warmer climate zone for years and finally when we are at a place we ca do so, we now have an 8 month old who is such a joy to everyone :) what is your advice on moving???

All our family is local and so it’s been great for our daughter to see and have a solid relationship with everyone plus helps us out a lot with her. we had talks of moving to Florida and my husband and I are finally ready and prepared for the change but having second thoughts now bc we both grew up close to our grandparents and see that as an important piece of childhood.... It would be a 1.5 flight difference/10-12 hr drive... so not horrible...

What is your advice/wisdom for those who have older kids or babies now?

We could always come back too - our jobs would take us back in a heartbeat. We are in healthcare so finding a job in Florida wouldn’t be too difficult either. We would have help with childcare in Florida as my father would come help (who helps watch her now when we both are at work)

The other idea is to stay for a few more years then move but my friends tell me it’s harder to move when the kids are older and the time/opportunity to do it is now