Abnormal Periods After Stopping Birth Control

Emilee

So I honestly don’t know where else to ask this but has anyone experienced severe irregularity after getting off birth control? I was taking it for only about 4 months and the pill I was on just wasn’t working well with my body so I stopped taking it. It’s been nearly a year now and I’ve had super abnormal periods since. A month or two ago I completely skipped it for over a month (which I have had happen before due to stress, but not for nearly as long as it was this last time) took multiple pregnancy tests over the course of 2 weeks because I was convinced that was why and they were negative every time. The first month I was off of the birth control I had a 3 week period that was super heavy (worst month of my life tbh) which was extra rough because I’m anemic. After skipping for over a month my last period was super rough as well but normal length for me (5-7 days). Now this month I have had the lightest period of my life but it’s almost exclusively been the dark brown/burgundy sludge I’m used to seeing at the very ends of my regular periods. It’s also been about 2 weeks at this point since it started. This is the one that is starting to concern me because I can’t really find anything on the internet to explain it that isn’t telling me that I just have cervical cancer. I’m 23 and have been having extremely regular periods since I was 11. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience? I’m going to try to see a gyno as soon as I can find a new one taking patients in my area but I’m really starting to get unnerved by this.