8week ultrasound didn’t go so well

Aubrie • 27 | Bisexual | INFP-T | Married 8.7.20 💍| Step-momma of 2 She/Her They/Them EDC: 6.4.22

The gestational sac is measuring 7 weeks, and the ultrasound did not provide any evidence of there being a baby. 😞

They did a blood draw yesterday (Friday) and told me to come back Monday to do another blood draw. They’ll compare the two and possibly do another ultrasound before coming to a definite conclusion.

My doctor says she’s been wrong before, so I’m trying to be hopeful. But I saw the ultrasound images on the screen after I got through changing. I definitely didn’t see anything there. Just a vacant bubble.

These physical symptoms of pregnancy now just make me resentful. My body doesn’t know any better but if there isn’t an embryo, I’m completely loathing the sore breasts and constant nausea even more than I was before.

The only good takeaway is that I got pregnant twice within 4 months. I found out I was pregnant and miscarried in October, then found out I was pregnant this time the first or second week of January.

I just really thought this was it this time. 😓