My baby is always constipated

M

Ok I really need help...

A little background- my 9 month old is exclusively breastfed and she eats small portions of solids 3 times a day. Some common things I feed her are- scrambled eggs (cooked in butter), spaghetti squash (with butter or olive oil), cucumbers (the soft middle part with olive oil), I make her smoothies with yogurt strawberry orange mango (I feed her a little by spoon), lots of pear, cooked spinach, blueberries, she loves blackberries, Swiss chard, quinoa, oatmeal with pear, etc. I try to give her water but she usually only swallows a few sips. She doesn’t like peaches yet. These foods constipate her so bad that she literally never poops on her own and I’m forced to give her suppositories and then she cries and shakes in pain as she poops and I cry and feel like horrible mom.

This started before I introduced eggs or yogurt. I try to butter/oil her food but it doesn’t seem to help

I literally went through this with my first and NEVER found anything that helped. She was chronically constipated no matter what I fed her or did until she was 3 and just seemed to grow out of it and now poops normally

Her Dr just says it’s common and that I’m doing all the right things and offers no other suggestions so I want to see if someone on here can offer something

I can’t believe this is happening again and I just want to cry. I don’t want to give her MiraLax. I’m thinking I need to just do a suppository like every 3 days to make her go before it dries out too much and gets hard and hurts her. 😩😫😩