Transcribed Recording, Super Anxiety

Backstory:

I have been with my boyfriend for over 3 years with a past relationship of 5 years.

I have never really been around his family as I have severe social anxiety.

My bf had a family event Saturday that I once again bailed on. On Sunday the family planned a dinner that I pushed myself into going hoping I would be ok.

The below “conversation” with my boyfriend was after me having a major panic attack, crying more than I ever have in a long time. His sister and his dad tried to calm me down. My boyfriend then called my mom to come pick me up. During all of this my boyfriend was quite angry with me and had no patience for my anxiety. (This may have been the first time he has seen my panic at this super high) I feel if he was more caring and understanding from the beginning and stood by me and with me than maybe I could have made it through. Idk.

“Why you could have been sitting here in the fucking truck.

I mean who do you think you are?

Are you that weak minded?

So fucking embarrassing.

You are talking about you’re mean; you need to be fucking apologizing to me for making such a fucking dumb decision.

You tried, yes, but you failed miserably.

I did not have to be in this situation. You put me in this situation.

All the money I been loaning you, all the things I been doing to be nice to you.

No, I am not perfect, but I did not deserve this.

Now we cannot even do the rest of the weekend because you want to have a fucking breakdown.

And your moms talking about oh oh, you brought her around people, oh.

Go to the, you tell me to go to the fucking doctor, you need to go to the fucking doctor.

Or stay in fucking berlin in that ragged ass apartment.

Its not about you, its generations of family up there.

You did not have to come.

Your moms here.”

Do you all have any advice on how to educate him? I am quite embarrassed and it sucks that the one person I thought I could lean on is the one person that made it worse. 🙁