Confused with my obgyn

Ch

So about a week ago I made an appointment with my obgyn to get set up for a fertility appointment and I was told I’d be paying $140 outta pocket. But I’m a little confused because when I went there they didn’t ask me about any money but I asked if it would need billed or if it had to be paid up front she said you’d have to pay up front for it. But for whatever reason I didn’t have to pay that day. My doctor and I decided to put me on Clomid after getting some blood work done so now I’m just super confused. Would I have to pay for the fertility appointment while getting some blood work done or would this be something that would need to be paid if I had to move further down with treatments?...

I’m just trying to figure everything out right now because I don’t keep $140 in cash on me and me and my fiancé agreed on splitting the costs of the appointment but he doesn’t get paid till the 9th of April. 🤦🏽‍♀️ I just finished my pack of birth control so I’m currently waiting on my period so I can get blood work done and start up Clomid. I just don’t want to go in and get blood work done then being told I have to pay the $140 at that moment for it and not have it on me. Any ideas?

Also for those being put on Clomid... do you pay for it at the pharmacy or does your insurance cover it? Thanks!