I need help! should I date him or not?

So, I met this guy playing a video game. I was really new (introduced to the game by another friend) and he was kind and answered all my stupid questions. I was wary at first cuz, guy on the internet, but I’ve known him for like seven months now. Some months in we found out that he was only two years older than me (19 and 21) and actually happens to live around the same city as me. We’ve met up twice (especially the first time I was very careful, told people, public place etc). We’ve discussed and we both have mutual crushes on each other, but I told him it couldn’t work (see below). We talk almost every day and I can feel myself falling harder and harder. He’s an engineering student and I’m a total sucker for nerds.

The problem is that he only lives *near* my city. We wouldn’t be able to see each other every day or even every week most of the time. I just don’t know if I can sustain a relationship like that. But he just seems perfect to me and I really, really don’t know what to do. If he lived closed I 100% would date him. Any women have advice? Help 😅 my head and heart are tearing me in totally different directions