does it ever get better?

does the pain from being cheated on ever go away? i’m trying to move on and forgive him but it pops in my head all the time. it wasn’t physical, he was talking to and flirting w other girls. but now every time his phone goes off, i get extreme anxiety and id rather look away than peep who messaged him. i feel like i’m losing my mind. i used to be a super happy, adventurous, caring person but i feel like i’ve built up so much resentment that i find it hard to care about his feelings. i have a baby with him and i want him to grow up with happily in love parents. we used to be crazy for each other but i’m stuck between “if you love someone you’d never put yourself in a position to lose them” and “people make mistakes”. he says he’s not doing anything anymore because he doesn’t want to lose me or our family and that me constantly accusing him of doing stuff is pushing him away but i feel like i’m trying to repair what HE broke. i start therapy tomorrow and i’m hoping that can help but idk.