Is it weird that she said that?

Alexxa

So my mom and I have had some very rocky relationship issues since I moved out to live with my dad. I was 18 when I moved and frankly, she neglected me since I was young and knew her boyfriends in the past had sexually assaulted me but denied any knowledge. Her crassness got worse when I moved and had become engaged to my ex husband (whom made a lot of effort to get to know her regardless of the distance) When I called and told her I was engaged, she wasn’t very enthused and it was a forced “oh, that’s great.” Even though I had really tried to include her and call her often to maintain our relationship because you know, she’s my mom and I want her to be a part.

I got married, sent out an invitation to her but she refused because my dad was officiating the ceremony and it was at my step moms parents house. My mom and dad don’t get along and my mom said she felt uncomfortable after the fact.

She didn’t talk to me for over a year and it destroyed me. She let her boyfriend verbally abuse me and tell me I was scum of the earth and didn’t deserve anything she did for me. She let him scream in my face and did nothing.

Now that I’m divorced and moved somewhere else on my own away from everyone, I wanted to try to patch things up with her and it was working. I’m in a new relationship with someone I think she’d really get along with. I am now pregnant and I wanted her to be the first to know. She didn’t seem excited, she warned me about miscarrying and that I shouldn’t be excited and to pretty much expect it. She had a miscarriage and it traumatized her but it hurt that there wasn’t any kind of excitement in her voice or a congratulations. I understand her trying to warn me but I guess I shouldn’t have expected a certain reaction out of her.

We still talk and text often but I got a text yesterday from her asking how I was feeling. I am now 8 weeks and she blatantly asked if I took another test to see if it was positive or not. I told her my symptoms, I haven’t bed, my first appointment is on Monday and everything is good. She just still seemed really for to me. It really hurt to see her cold reaction to what I’m telling her and it being exciting news. Am I overreacting?