Should I say how I feel or keep my mouth shut

So there’s this person that I like and have genuine feelings for. And we became friends online last year and have really bonded through last year and going into this year. And I really love the friendship we’ve created. It’s like we’ve known each other for years. I actually feel more comfortable around them and talking about things with them then some friends I’ve known for 6 or more years.

But about 5 or so months after becoming friends, I noticed different feelings inside me were bubbling up. And I ignored them at first.

But lately it’s getting harder and harder to ignore them. I want to tell them how I feel, but I don’t want anything to become awkward or our friendship just become ruined, because I really treasure them as a friend.

But recently we started talking about doing a project together and I guess it could almost be seen as maybe a business project in the future? But in the early stages it would just be something we’re doing for fun.

It’ll probably be ages before we are able to get it going due to personal reasons we’re both having at the moment and just not having the right time to start it up.

I’m actually really excited about the project and I think it’s going to be really fun once we start it up. And we both have the same excitement with it.

But I’m afraid if I tell them how I feel, everything may disappear. The friendship we have and the project we are going to do in the future.

I’m not even wanting to tell them that I like them because I want a relationship out of it. I literally just want to tell them so hopefully I can then get over them and I only have “friend feelings” for them.

What should I do? Do I tell them how I feel? Or do I just keep my mouth shut and hope the feelings go away eventually?

Vote below to see results!