Need Some Tips

Esther

I have been in a dark place and feeling depressed for a while. I'm a first time single mom and live alone. My country is locked down so I can't work right now and my bills are piling up. My car insurance lapsed, behind on the car loan and need my car now that I have this child who is 2 months. Covid has me paranoid so I can't leave him by anyone to get a break. I feel like I'm not in a place mentally, emotionally and physically to do anything. Two of my friends said I wasn't being a good friend to them because I don't reach out and check in on them. Told them I was depressed and they think I should still be and to be concerned and check in on them as they are also going through their own problems. So they basically said we aren't friends till I learn to be a better friend. That made me feel worse and I just sunk deeper into my depression. I am so scared because I've felt like I don't want to be in this world anymore but I love my son and I don't ever want to hurt him so that makes me feel worse.

Feels like I keep spiraling deeper in h you depression. Want counseling but can afford it at the moment. I want to know if there is anyone who felt their depression was really severe and what are some things you did that helped you climb out from that pit?