Finances 🤬

Really annoyed right now.

My husband and I live paycheck to paycheck and work hard to live somewhat of a comfortable life. We are by no means “well-off” but make enough to still make updates to the house and go on small vacations every now and again.

We have been wanting to get our son a quad for about 5 years now and never pulled the trigger due to $$

We currently have $3,500 we saved to put in new flooring for our entire upstairs. It needs it BAD! Our carpet is 25 years old 🤢

Well my husband said his friend is selling his brand new quad for $5,000

Ummmm we don’t have that kind of money. Then my husband tells me that he has a separate account with $3,000 in it. Excuse me?!? You have a separate account?! Okay if that isn’t annoying in itself my husband wants to use ALL of the money we saved for flooring to put towards the quad and then chip in $1,500 from his separate account.

I tried compromising and found a used quad for $2,000 on FB marketplace which is in great shape. I offered that we purchase that over a $5,000 quad 😳

He refuses. His mind is set on this brand new quad because it’s a “good deal”. I understand that is a great deal for a quad with less than 1k miles on it but that doesn’t magically give us enough money to buy it.

Ugh I am just so annoyed with all of this. I think it’s completely stupid to spend that much on something when we have been saving up for flooring for 2 years now!

**Edit**

I apologize if I used the term “paycheck to paycheck” wrong.

For example- this week we paid bills and had $300 left over for groceries and entertainment. With each paycheck $50 is put towards savings and we have saved the past two stimulus checks to put towards flooring which is why we have $3,500 saved away for the floors. **we obviously have had to dip into savings a lot after I lost my job in 2020**

When I say we go on mini vacations, I mean our vacations are usually a state away (driving distance) and we often go camping and hiking on a lake (usually costs us $600 out of pocket and we do this once a year)