Rather spend birthday with his friend than me

Today’s is my boyfriends birthday, the first one we have celebrated together. We have been together 9 months.

Last week I asked if he wanted to come over to spend it together but he said no, he wouldn’t be able to, so we celebrate d this past weekend.

It was a lot of fun and he seemed to enjoy it.

Today i haven’t heard much from him and I found out the reason he couldn’t come over is he’s celebrating it with his best friend, his *best friends* wife, and their three kids.

He’s also going away with said buddy and more to a Coachella type event this weekend, so I won’t see his for 2 weeks. We had originally made plans to go away this weekend but after the event was put back on he decided to go with his friends.

I would say I don’t care, but the best friend actually lives on my boyfriends property, about a 3 minute walk from his house, he sees him and his family everyday. And I’ve never met them. I’ve never met any of his friends or his grandfather, who he lives with.

It makes me feel uncomfortable, because they seem to be so close and not once have I been invited over. It also feels they are more important than me, which I’d under stand as he’s known them for 5 years.

I know I should talk to him, and I should say I’m not uncomfortable he chose to spend his birthday with them, he can do what he wants, but it seems he constantly chooses them over me and I’m not sure how to feel about it, as I don’t really have many friends.

EDIT:

My only real reference for relationships is my parents who met and were married after 6 months

I’ve met almost his whole family once except his grandfather who he lives with