MY STEP SON CALLED ME MOM!!!

Idk if it's the pregnancy hormones or what but I literally CANNOT stop crying of happiness😭😭😭.

Me and my step son were watching brother bear and he fell asleep during the movie. I ended up putting on family guy and making myself a cinnamon bagel with strawberry cream cheese😋. He shot up from his sleep and was breathing heavy. I rubbed his back and said bad dream? He said "Yeah" but he didn't want to talk about it so we just watched family guy. He started to fall back asleep so I told him to go to bed but he said he wanted to try to stay awake for a bit to make sure he didn't fall back into his dream. I gave him a hug and a kiss on the forehead. He said very softly either I love you mama or I love you mommy but I heard the MOM part. I said what and he turned red and said nothing. I just gave him another hug and said I love you too. He looked kind of embarrassed but happy at the same time and gave me a hug and an I love you before going to bed. Now I'm sitting here pregnant and crying eating way too many bagels😭😭😭

Edit: He's 17 and he has been through so much trauma. Honestly 2 years ago he would have NEVER said that to me. The most I would have gotten was a fuck you. But he was a person who had been hurt so I didn't give up. I pushed for my husband to get him therapy even though he didn't believe in in therapy. My husband now seeing how much it's helped feels dumb for how he used to think.