This is pretty wrong right?

So my stepmom was over the other day and I was showing how I had put all the clothes away in our daughter closet for my baby shower. I had everything hung up and I was proud of it. 😁

So a lot of it still has tags on it because they’re larger sizes and we won’t need them ready just yet. So she tells me “you should figure out which ones you like that have tags on them. You can then return the other to stores that sell that brand and get money for them”. I thought she was joking so I just laughed and she told me she was serious. I told her you can’t do that. First they were gifts and second I don’t know what stores everything came from. She then tells me that she did it with the stuff she got for my stepbrother when he was born.

Am I wrong for thinking this is totally trashy? I get if you have a double of something and exchanged it with the receipt be I mean wth?

To clarify: I’m not saying exchanging something is wrong. She was telling me to return them just so I could get cash or gift cards for them. Like to just get money for things people gave us.

Edit again: she didn’t return anything for another size or to purchase more babies things. She returned the items for the money. She was telling me to cash in on them for the money. I totally get the exchange or return of items for something else but that’s not what she was telling me to do.