ADVICE - NIPT/Harmony test -late in pregnancy

Emma • 30.Aus.BabyBoy due Oct 2021 💙🤰

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice, I found out I’m pregnant at around 25 weeks so obviously a whole lot of testing and scans were missed!

I’ve had my bloods checked - all fine except low vitamin d

Two scans, (ultrasound/morphology scan) - everything has come back really good, between my heavy weight and the baby putting on weight now that scans were a little harder to see but nothing come back concerning.

Glucose test done - come back fine

I’ve had my whooping cough & flu shot, currently waiting on my Anti D injection.

Now I know around 10 to 20ish weeks you can opt to get the NIPT/harmony test to check for abnormalities & gender.

However I am struggling to find many women who have had it done late in pregnancy for the first time and whether it was beneficial?

I’m concerned that if I have the test, regardless of the results it’s going to cause me a lot of concern and stress because of how far along I am. My fiancé have talked it through and think it might be a better choice as they haven’t flagged anything to just go with the pregnancy and leave it in “fates” hands.

I’m just looking for a little bit of advice or anyone who has been in the same situation?

Thank you ❤️