New Toys !!

Beebee

My husband got our LO -2- a new chair and we have left it at my in-laws since she’s there a lot. The other day my niece -3- was over at my in-laws and my LO was sitting on her chair. There are 5 other different ones to choose. My niece wanted to sit on it and started to through a tantrum. MIL tells my LO to get off the chair so my niece could sit. To that I didn’t say anything but I was thinking, they need to learn they can’t have everything they want especially when someone else is busy with it. MIL goes out the same day to buy the same chair. I told my husband about the incident but not that MIL bought a new chair. He saw it today though and was really irritated and told me he needs to talk to his mother. He used to have the same issue with his cousin. He says children should have their own „unique“ toys without adults interfering and getting the same exact one for others in the family.

MIL means well but she also does it with other things. My niece wants to have the same ice cream as someone else and my MIL says she should go out and buy some. How about letting the child deal with it instead of encouraging tantrums and bratty behavior. This really bothers me!!! Is this a big deal?