Toddler post tonsillectomy

Has anyone else has any experience with this?

My 2 year old just had surgery to get his tonsils and adenoids removed, as well as getting tubes put in his ears. He handled it okay, except coming out of surgery he screamed and cried trying to rip out his IV until we finally got it taken it out later that day. Ever since coming home though, he’s been a mess. We’ve been keeping up on his medicine, but it’s like his behavior has done a complete 180. It’s not even him acting like he’s in pain, it’s the little things. Like everything is his. If we don’t put a particular show on for him, he screams. If we don’t play with him the second he asks, he screams. If we try to put him in his own seat to eat instead of in our lap, he screams. He won’t let me out of his sight, whereas in the hospital he was so mad at me and wouldn’t even let me near him, just his daddy.

I’m totally fine if this is just temporary and it’s only because he’s in pain, I’m just so worried. He’s normally very low maintenance.

Has this happened to anyone else? I expected him to be upset and in pain, but I didn’t expect this.

We’re obviously not helping the situation because we’re giving him whatever he wants, so he doesn’t cry and make his throat hurt worse. But I don’t know what else to do at that point. Will this pass?