Depression

Jasmine’s mum

Please I need help. I have been on anti depressants and mood stabilizers because of postpartum depression from my last pregnancy that came back because I didn’t treat it. . I am currently 5weeks pregnant. I went to my therapist and told her I am also taking omega 3 and DHA as I read they helps in helping the brain heal. The therapist said they don’t help. They are immune boosters only. I feel like this therapist, her clinic just wants patients to never heal and continue to be dependent on them. It’s about 500 dollars per session to see the therapist. I live in Nigeria and I feel like it’s just all about money for them. I read some nutrients deficiencies can also increase depression, she also said that isn’t true. She said supplements don’t work. Then as we were talking, I told her the mood stabilizers she gave me is making me extremely forgetful, she said it isn’t true either which I think she is being ridiculous. It has been making me so forgetful that I could start a sentence and forget the end of the sentence. I decided to cut each tablet into 2 instead and my memory has been a lot better ever since. When I insisted it was making me forgetful, she said she will give me cognitive supplements (same lady that said supplements don’t work). Anyway, my question is, please has anyone with depression found supplements such as DHA or OMEGA 3 helpful or any other supplement? I am not intending to stop my prescribed medication until she tells me to. But I need to know if there are supplements that also help.