Should I freeze/store this?

Frances

I am 9 weeks pregnant with my third baby. I stopped breastfeeding #2 when she was 9 months old back in June. Recently I realized that if I squeeze my nipples liquid comes out- it looks more colostrum like but i’ve only seen a drop or two.

I’ve been wondering if I should try to harvest some of it to potentially have for #3. I have had very very low supply with both of my daughters. With #2, i did antenatal colostrum expression twice a day everyday from 37 weeks until 41 when I went into labor and I had less than 15 mL total. I had to supplement some with formula the first few days and rent a hospital grade pump but eventually my supply became enough for my daughter for the first four months until I went back to work and struggled again.

I was just thinking if I harvest it now, it may encourage my body to keep making a little, and then I could have more stored for #3. On the other hand, it’s super early and would be a long time to store.

Obviously, i will talk to my doctor before milking myself but does anyone have any thoughts about this?