What would you do?? I don’t like my OB

Madi • 4/29/20💗 10/28/21💙

So a little back story.. I have been dealing with migraines since I was 13. If I don’t treat a migraine as soon as I feel it coming on medication doesn’t work and I am bed ridden and in a lot of pain.

I reached out to my OB in the beginning of my pregnancy telling her this and telling her that I was worried about how much Tylenol I was taking. She responded by prescribing me a prescription. I am now 30 weeks pregnant.

I requested today to get a refill of this prescription. My OB then calls me and asks how much I am taking it. On the bottle is says “take one by mouth every 4 hours as needed”. I take one maybe 3-4 times a week depending on my migraines. She then proceeds to tell me that I should not be taking it this often.. that I should only be taking it like once a week and that my baby could have WITHDRAWALS from it.

I was never once told that this could happen when the prescription was prescribed to me and I was never told I should only take it once a week. I assumed it was safe to take during pregnancy considering she prescribed it.

This is the reason I originally expressed a concern with my migraines while pregnant because I didn’t want to keep taking pills to have relief.

From the beginning I always felt rushed during appointments with her and felt like she never really listened to my concerns, but I decided to just stick it out with her and thought maybe it wasn’t so bad.

I am so upset and pissed off right now and am just looking for advise on what to do, I feel like it’s too late to find a new OB..