Men Confuse me

So, I got out of a pretty bad relationship not too long ago. I feel better about myself and I’m not feeling so guilty over leaving anymore. I’m definitely still on the journey of healing, I will be for a long time I feel. But recently I’ve had really good conversation with a guy.

I can’t lie.. I do find him interesting. We have the same stuff in common. We were just discussing about the things people put us through vaguely. I didn’t even bring up anything about dating, he told me he is out of the dating sene and will be for awhile, that he’s enjoyed it so far. I just don’t understand why he would say that too me? I’m honestly glad he brought it up, but I’ve never told him I was interested in him. I’ve also never talked about much that would make him seem that I was interested.

I told him I’m also not wanting to date anyone at the moment. That I just got out of a serious relationship and that I enjoy it too.

I just need advice. Maybe I’m just overthinking but I don’t want him to think I’m just talking to him to date him, I enjoy talking and being a friend to him, If I’m even that.