Advice on how to deal with my mom’s shopping habits

Ashley

My mom is amazing. I love her, and I probably talk to her at least every other day. She had a rough battle with cancer a few years back, and we almost lost her, but she fought her way through and now she’s absolutely ecstatic to meet my daughter, her first grandchild, in a few weeks.

But here’s the problem - my mom is a chronic Facebook shopper. She’s the lady that buys things from the shady ads on Facebook (you know the ones that are priced so low that it doesn’t really make sense, and then they tack on a $25 shipping fee and you realize that they’re coming all the way from China).

Well, she found this website that makes low-priced baby clothes, and she spent like $100 on a huge haul of clothes for my little girl. And they were cute, but a) the sizing is super off; it’s in UK sizing, but even then doesn’t look right, and b) the fabric is SUPER cheap. Thin and flimsy, they feel kinda like those cheap Halloween costumes you get from Party City. I held one of the outfits on my arm for a minute while we were talking, and it was scratchy to me, and I can’t imagine how it’s gonna feel on my little girl’s soft baby-skin.

Here’s my dilemma - I really don’t want my baby to wear these clothes, and I also don’t want my mom to waste her money, but my mom is very sensitive, and I really don’t want to hurt her feelings. What should I do? She was so proud of how many clothes she was able to get for such a low price, and she keeps making comments about “I’ll have to keep an eye on that site for more deals!” 😩 I’m at a loss. Any tips???