they laid me off and didn’t even tell me

Alexxa

Okay so I have to rant.

I am 27 weeks pregnant and have been working at a childcare center for over a year. In the beginning, I told them my comfortability is with school age kids.

I was the lead school age teacher and I genuinely loved my job and loved going to work. Took on more responsibility and got a raise.

Then, they tell me I am losing my room and have to combine with kindergarten. No biggie, it’s just temporary. Two months go by, and I have to combine with kindergarten. The lead kindergarten teacher leaves so now I have two classrooms to deal with on my own.

COVID outbreak happens in the classroom, all kids and I are out for two weeks. I babysit for extra money for a coworker.

The babysitter comes home from work and I get ready to leave. She then told me they closed the school age classroom. MY EMPLOYER DID THIS WITHOUT TELLING ME. So now, I am only doing the extra responsibilities that I took on in the beginning and I’m teaching two classrooms at once.

I also find out that a man who was hired for the afternoons in school age was in trouble by parents for playing the “tickle game” with girls going down the slide. HE DENIED IT WHEN THEY BROUGHT IT TO HIS ATTENTION AND HE IS STILL EMPLOYED THERE.

This apparently happened right before I was hired on and I JUST found out about it. I didn’t like the man from the beginning and told my boss it’s not going to be a good day for him if he and I are alone together.

another covid outbreak. Out again for 2 weeks.

Babysitting for the same coworker.

She tells me they don’t have any hours for me to go back because they cut out the school age room. And then she tells me the kids are going back to the daycare.

So I’m out of a job. And my backup job.

Boss told me they wouldn’t have enough hours so I was on standby. I found out today that I can no longer clock in on my phone nor am I on the group chat.

NO ONE TOLD ME ANYTHING. I DIDNT EVEN KNOW I WAS NO LONGER EMPLOYED.

I am 27 weeks pregnant. I’ve had so many interviews that I’m absolutely qualified for and no one will hire me because I am pregnant. What the fuck do I do?

Tell me I’m not overrreacting?