Reprimanded for doing what I was asked to do…

So last week my boss and I were talking and I was told that I need to “purge” or get rid of old inventory at a branch I am auditing. I work for a flooring company and this branch that I’m auditing has a ton of old inventory that we can’t use again. Anyways, yesterday I set up a ticket for the branch and added material on the ticket that I know we need to get rid of. I informed the branch manager to review and add other material that we can get rid of and to send it to the director to review/approve. The reason why I created the ticket was to show the branch manager how we should write it up and explain why we are getting rid of the material. Well my boss caught wind of it and reprimanded me for creating the ticket…like didn’t you just tell me last week to get rid of the old inventory? She said “that’s not apart of my job description to help the branch” and I shouldn’t be concerned about the old inventory. I think she was mad that I created the ticket for the manager…I don’t see the big deal. Is she wrong or am I?