3 years ago my ex cheated on me.

And it was the BEST thing that ever happened to me! I was crushed when the other woman found me on Facebook and told me everything! We agreed to handle everything mature and neither one of us wanted drama. Of course I told him, and of course his excuse was all the pictures she sent me were photoshopped. I tried working it out with him for a few weeks but he kept seeing her on the side. They were both in a rehab together, he was in patient and she was out patient. So I pretty much just wished them the best. (long story short) I put that man on a pedestal he didn’t deserve to be on, went broke for him and had nothing because I’d give him everything. Leaving him for real and forcing myself to not go back and give in was the hardest thing ever.

Few weeks later I went out shopping with my parents, I seen my friend who I used to work with, and we haven’t seen eachother in years since he went to Cali for 6 months for work. We messaged eachother all night on Facebook, He took me on a date a few days later to Starbucks, he paid. I know it may not sound like a big deal. But that was the first time in years I’ve had a guy treat me to anything! We sat in his car all night just talking and laughing, wasn’t sexual (🤫) but very intimate. Talked about secrets, fears, dreams.

Fast forward 3 years later. He’s my best friend, my soulmate. We both work, we spoil eachother. He never called me a bitch, raised his hand to me. My life did a complete 180! I never thought I’d be waking up next to him every morning! I finally have someone to build with, I moved in with him 2 years ago now. We adopted a chocolate lab puppy! I love how he treats my parents like his own. We have Sunday dinners with them every night.

I wish I could hug the girl I was back then always stressed and heartbroken, and alone because her boyfriend that she loved was always using her for money and stealing from her, he was in and out of jails and rehabs and tell her how things will get better, and everything happens for reasons.

I look back and think about who I was back then a lot. Probably more than I should. But I’m proud of myself for everything.