Husband wants a break from newborn

Dani

Rant -

So husband (early 30’s) came home yesterday afternoon with a question.

He wants to go bush camping with a 18yr old guy who lives nearby and also has a motorbike.

I told him I would think about it instead of getting angry and yelling no.

And i am totally unsure on what to say. It angers me that he would even ask. I want him to want to be here.

But the truth is - he doesn’t want too. He’s rather drink in the bush. And it has really upsets me.

I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it ever since he asked and im fighting back tears non stop. Which is dumb.

I am fighting with myself. Like he is Cleary not happy. Maybe he needs this. A weekend away to unwind and he will come back happy.

But then I think how stupid am I to think that. This is just an escape for him to get wasted and smoke and how unfair that he gets to just drop all responsibilities and fuck off for a weekend when we have a 8 week old.

I have gone to write so many angry texts to him this morning but am forcing myself to not. I keep writing them and then deleting them.

I don’t want him to go. But I don’t want to be punished for not allowing him to go.

I keep telling him I can’t force him to do anything. But then when he is asking for permission and I don’t consent, that is me forcing him to stay.

Do I stand my ground and tell him leaving me with a newborn isn’t fair or am I being unreasonable? Should I support him going and hope it helps him.