Venting-its a long one

Courtney • Brooklyn 👧🏼 7/1/20 • Baby #2 🤰🏼 due Dec 2022

My husband I have been married for 2 years. We have a 16 month old. She goes to daycare Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday. She stays home Monday and Friday and my husband watches her. My husband I both work from home. I have an extremely busy and stressful desk job and am always on the computer and phone. My husband has a very flexible job meaning he maybe works a couple hours a day. On the average work day he maybe makes 1-2 calls and a handful of emails. On Tuesday/weds/thurs he typically does whatever he wants (goes to store, house project, frolfing, video games)

So our schedule is typically this. Weekdays baby gets up at 7, I bring her down, he has her bottle already ready. He will usually watch/change her in the morning. I always get her dressed. I start work at 8. Monday/Friday he starts watching her at 8, other days he takes her in to daycare at 8. I pick her up at 5 or take over watching her at 5 until bed at 7. On weekends, I have to watch her all day both days because my husband watches her Monday/Friday. So according to him he shouldn’t have to watch her since he does those 2 days.

My husband does outside chores only. Meaning trash, mowing lawn, leaves, etc. and projects (hanging stuff, building stuff, anything random). He does also do a lot of cooking since I hate it. I do laundry, dishes, all cleaning and tidying up, basically anything day to day. I always make our daughter meals and do cleanup. I always give her baths, etc.

I just feel like I never get a break from work or our daughter. Our relationship is suffering because we don’t do enough together without our daughter. I don’t even want to do anything together because I’m starting to resent him for not helping me more. He barely works and doesn’t help with nearly enough while I have a very busy and stressful job. I cry just about work nearly every day.

Additionally, I had a hair appt last Saturday and he went on about it being “not fair” and complaining about having to watch her extra on Saturday.

Am I the b**** for wanting help with our daughter on the weekends and more from him during the week? Or is my husband just being ridiculous?