TTC-Post COVID Issues

Alyce

TW: Missed Miscarriage

Hey all. I got pregnant on May 13th and on my 9.5 week scan they told me I had a MMC and the baby had no heartbeat. I went in for a D&C five days later. (In July)

I bled post D&C for about five days with some pretty big clots. I then did not get my period until October 24. I was actually pretty worried I had gotten Asherman’s Syndrome until it came.

My period was pretty heavy and pretty painful. But it usually is, so that seemed normal, especially for a first period post D&C.

I got COVID about a five days after my period ended. We only had sex once, two day post period, before the COVID struck. (We had a few times after we recovered but it was after my ovulation window).

Now I’m four days late and testing negative. I did a little research and it seems like it’s possible COVID could affect my cycle.

Two things I’m writing for here. One, just to vent. I feel like I can’t catch a break. When my period finally came, even though it was painful and horrible, I was excited to start TTC again. Now my cycle is all messed up again and I’m pretty sad.

Secondly, has anyone gotten a false negative before? I currently have a little bit of the sniffles. I also tested at 5:30am after going to bed at 1am. It was only 2 days post-period, so maybe my HCG wasn’t strong enough. Or, has anyone else gotten COVID and had it affect their cycle?

Thanks for “listening” ladies. Was really hoping to be able to tell my husband I was pregnant for Christmas.