💍Custom engagement rings??💍

Ch

Soo me and my current boyfriend are talking over a possible proposal that MIGHT happen sometime within the year 😅. He had already bought me a promise ring, he’s just curious what I would be into as far as moving forward.

Personally, this would be my second engagement. My first was revolved around control and sex(my ex apparently thought if I had gotten engaged to him he could do whatever he wanted to me) so it’s a bit scary to move away from all that and restart. The thought of getting engaged again is scary to even think about but of course he’s only going to ask when he feels I am ready. With my first engagement we decided to pick out our rings together. I didn’t like the idea of just having it be me wear a ring but I felt he should have an engagement band at least. His ring was like $20 and mine was $60. Relatively cheap. But even when I said yes and after putting it on I felt “off”.

Well my new man wants to INVEST into the ring. I told him I didn’t care for expensive rings, it’s the feeling that matters in the relationship and although he appreciates my honesty he wants me to have a connection with my ring😅🤷🏽‍♀️. Make it feel like a piece of me so I can feel comfortable wearing it but also know why I said yes and what’s not.

He brought up the idea of customizing an engagement ring for me. I didn’t really think that was a thing but apparently it is! When he had showed me all the options we could do I instantly felt that this would be an interesting experience. We have an appointment set up with a local jeweler that we will be going to next week! We decided to do this together and go through the process. I’m so excited to see how this all turns out and how it’s all done! I feel like this is going to be a great way to bond even more in our relationship.

Has anyone else done this?? Let me know your stories and PLEASE let me see your rings! 🥺💍❤️