Symptoms leading to BFP!

Lars 🌈 • Pregnant with rainbow baby girl

Thought I would share as I just got my BFP this morning and I always found these posts helpful. I have been symptom spotting like crazy for months now (started trying in aug 2020, took a few cycles off so 11 total with 1 miscarriage at 9 weeks) but this month actually did give a few small things to tip me off. We have been trying for a while, and I recently reached a new depth of heartbreak and sadness as the anniversary of my mc came and went over xmas. We have been gearing up for fertility appointments after a suboptimal sperm analysis. Really hoping we have a strong one in there this time!

What i did this month

- tried softcups for the first time

- husband on strict supplement regimen for sperm quality issues (sperm quality can contribute to miscarriage so we are cautiously optimistic), he had 1% morphology in Nov

- sex all 5 days of fertile window plus 1 day extra after ov

- evening primrose, red raspberry tea up to ov.

- yoni steaming per recommendation of my doula before ov

- mayan abdominal massage and castor oil packs

- opk and bbt

I say all of these things to share what i did, not to say any one thing increased our odds. Improving sperm quality was a major one (consider a sperm analysis if youve been trying for a while but arent quite at the fertility dr stage yet, husbands PCP ordered one for him)!

Note that we were on vacation basically the whole two week wait so i was drinking margaritas on the beach and trying not to symtpom spot.

Symptoms

1-9 dpo - nothing unusual or different

10 Dpo - highly emotional, brought to tears randomly, chocked it up to pms hormones

11 dpo - slightly dizzy, thought it was maybe just from drinking the night before but didnt drink that much, lots of white creamy cm

12 dpo - tired!! Acid reflux - i NeVeR ever get acid reflux so this was a BIG one for me

13 dpo - slightly yellow cm, more acid reflux, lightheaded, very tired, boobs more sore than usual esp on the outside - they felt extra full (like a noticeable difference than pms boobs)

14 dpo - fatigue, no cramping which I usually get before af, slightly dizzy, hot flashes (also get those before af so didnt want to put much stock into it). Also got really winded going up the stairs (this happened to me last time too!) Also my cm typically turns quite watery and maybe a little grey before it starts spotting for af and this time it stayed creamy like glue. I dont read too much into cm because it hasnt been a reliable indicator in the past for me.

I dont know what the best group to post this in is so i am posting here but will move it if needed.