Help πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ’”πŸ˜³πŸ’“ gestational sac. On/off spotting discharge

Heather

Hi. According to my LMP (12/15) I’m 7 weeks 1 day. However at my last ultrasound yesterday they told me my sac is measuring 5 weeks 2 days and gestational age possibly around 5-6 weeks. (Not sure the difference in the two days?!)

I had my first positive test on Jan 9th and almost positive I conceived around 12/26-12/28.

Around what was believed to be my 6 week check up according to LMP. I started having very very light spotting, mild cramping in my legs and pelvic area, and brown discharge when I wiped. This was on and off for about 5 days. Two times when I wiped it was dark red but only happened when I wiped. I never needed to use a pad and it only happened when I wiped. Looked like coffee grounds. Went in for an ultrasound to give me peace & only saw an empty sac. She said it could be that I’m early and was at that time only 5 weeks gestational age (as the sac measured around 4.2weeks) instead of the 6 weeks or it could be that I’m having a miscarriage. She did say at that time there were two collections of fluid but those could be reabsorbed or come out.

Fast forward a week later all spotting and discharge stopped. I had a second ultrasound & the sac measured 5 weeks 2 days. And gestational age believed to be between 5-6 weeks. The sac had grown from the week before but still no baby. She says the progression was positive and the fluid collection was no longer there but it still is a 50/50 chance that a baby may show up & I ovulated late or I have blighted ovum. She told me her gut feeling was that it was a miscarriage but she can’t say for sure yet. I’m scheduled again on Tuesday for another ultrasound. Also, to note this is my fourth pregnancy. I’ve had three healthy pregnancy prior with zero miscarriages or problems. I was TTC for five months before positive test. this is just so strange. The stress is killing me.

Anyone else had bleeding/discharge that stopped with an empty gestational sac that turned out positive?i