Just a little insecured about how things are going

Harsha

Hi! I have been recently feeling stressful about few things and wanted to share. I’ve a 19 month old daughter and I’m also expecting baby 2 who is due in august. Being a pandemic mother I never had much help raising my daughter right from the day she was born. So it was just me taking care of all her needs. And I used to enjoy our time together in all the chores I do for her. Now my in laws are finally here to see their granddaughter and my mother in law wants to take over the chores I used to do for my daughter. She keeps saying that she wants to help me as I’m pregnant and it would be exhausting for me to take care of her. But honestly, I have never felt the need for someone to take care of her as I fear she might distance from me once my mother-in-law starts doing chores for her. As of now my daughter is struggling to bond with her grandparents as she is not used to anyone other than her mommy and daddy. I do try my best to make her mingle with them but my worry is when the baby 2 is here what if she gets more attached to her grandparents and refuse to come to me as they would be the ones taking care of her now. Please advise.