I bought my wedding dress today but…

Lily

So okay I went with my mom to get my wedding dress today and I had two in mind that I did like. Another girl I know had worn my favorite of the two and she looked amazing so i wanted to try it on (we aren’t friends, she lives in another state and her wedding was two yrs ago so I figured that was girl code approved). Well it didn’t look nearly as good on me as I thought it would which stung a little. I have a petite frame so I know I’d look pretty frumpy in many of the dresses. I tried on my second favorite that I’d had in mind and it looked really good on me. But it’s SO opposite from what I thought I wanted and now that I’m home I’m scared I bought it too impulsively. My mom isn’t emotional at all so she had an underwhelming reaction and was basically like “if you like it get it.”

I always thought you’d have that FEELING and I honestly just felt like it so anticlimactic. ANYWAY, this is the one I got.

This is the one I THOUGHT I was going to get

And this is my typical style- very simple but beautiful.

Everything just felt so not-special and not like how I expected it, including the dress I walked away with. I felt really good in it and I do love it, but I’m scared it’s too over the top from what I really wanted and my mom’s reaction was just like eh it looks nice, so what you want.

I don’t really know how to feel :/