Hypertension at 34 Weeks

Haley

Hi all!

The last few days have been incredibly rough for me. On Wednesday I was in the hospital for some swelling in my right ankle that was concerning me. Turns out my blood pressure was way high and kept ranging in the 150’ a/90’s something. My greatest fear has been developing preeclampsia and I’m not yet at that diagnosis because my bloodwork and urine came back normal. BUT my midwives have told me the three things to look out for is a headache that won’t go away with Tylenol, blurred vision and upper right abdominal pain. Which I don’t necessarily have. However, since Wednesday I’ve had this throbbing like headache that comes and goes that’s at the base of my skull. And really awful neck pain. And the throbbing gets worse with activity. I also had this sensation today of almost passing out while I was in the car, I got super shaky and dizzy and faint. My heart started to race. And the headache stayed there. I’m so stressed which I know doesn’t help but can anyone relate or give me advice? I know people on here aren’t medical professionals but should I be concerned about the throbbing headache? It’s a very dull one but still bothersome. I’ve mentioned it to my midwives but they don’t seem concerned but i is it don’t know.