Are we spending enough time with our son?

My husband, son and I lived in a attic for a year, in this shitty place My son couldn’t sit or crawl on the dirty floor and was bound to his sit-me-up seat and his bouncer. We spent our 6 months maternity leave here with our son 24 hours a day cooped up in an attic. Because of this my son basically only knew how to roll over and lift his head up.

My son is a year old and We are now at a safe home that my son can sit anywhere he wants.

We are back to work full time 40 hours a week.

My husband works from home so he watches the baby playing in his room or the living room in between customers at work.

I take care of the baby before and after my job. So there is always someone watching him.

My son seems very happy all the time, my son doesn’t crawl or walk yet and my husband is concerned we are not spending enough time with him to help him learn to crawl or walk faster.

Since we have moved into our new house I believe our son is rapidly progressing because in just two weeks of being here our son has learned to sit himself up from his belly completely unassisted, as well as lift and rock himself back and forth on his hands and knees, which he was never able to do because he didn’t have a floor to try.

My question is, do you think us (or someone like a babysitter) spending more time with our son during the day would help him crawl or walk faster?

Or

Do children progress at their own pace and us taking time off work or hiring someone wouldn’t help him process faster?

Or something in between? Please comment and help some new parents out!

EDIT:

Thank you guys soooo much. You have no idea how much you have put our minds at ease. We were having some serious parental guilt for going back to work and feeling like it’s our fault he isn’t crawling yet. His pediatrician thinks he’s doing amazing so thank you again for easing our guilt!

❤️💚💙🧡