Thoughts on first time with this situation please?

I really wanna have sex with this guy, first time for me, but I come from a background where ‘sex before marriage = no’🙄. And we’re not committed but we get along like best friends and both really like the other a lot, and I mean a lot- we talk everyday and see each other often when we can as we are at different universities right now(but only live 30 minute car drive away) , and I suppose what I’m wondering is, whilst I know it’s 100% my decision and no one else’s, what are you thoughts on me doing it first time with him, or should i wait?

I honestly feel ready to try it, I really want to experience it I feel and I’ve held back from it for 5 months while we’ve taken time to grow closer, which is what I wanted cause I wasn’t ready to do it when he first asked because I wasnt gonna do it with someone I wasn’t feeling comfortable or confident with. But he’s not my boyfriend and we’re both 100% on the same page and communicated our relationship status so that’s stable and I’m happy with it(no need for details haha). I just feel like I want to try it and experience it, in a safe way, and i just feel excited to do so, but I also want to remain logical and so I’m just asking for some opinions here, especially considering my ‘traditional’ bs background that rlly makes me think I’m wrong for this but it’s what I wanna try. Thanks for reading :)

PS ik I won’t get emotionally attached cause we have already done oral and slept next to each other and I know for sure having sex will not make me vulnerable to attachment or smt,