Cutting ties with my mom while pregnant!

Alana

My mother who suffers from mental illness and narcissistic personality traits has abused me verbally my entire life. I even got a college scholarship for abused children from an essay I wrote about my childhood.

Over Christmas she lost it on me (unprompted as usual) and the stress of her attack and the evil things she said to me sent me into a 2 day stomach ache and I was scared I would miscarry.

I decided to cut ties with her and my whole family supports my decision. My uncle even told me “avoid her like the plague, she is poison.”

So while I’ve considered cutting ties with her over the years this is really it. And im not doing it for me but for my baby who doesn’t deserve to grow up in a toxic environment. It’s not easy because there are some days where she seems kind and loving but the majority of our relationship is extremely unhealthy. The last straw for me was when she told me “the only thing I care about is my feelings” and when I asked her is she knew where I worked or what I did for a living she didn’t know🤯🤯🤯 crazy considering we talk once a week and I always talk about my job. She just doesn’t listen and only cares about herself.

My husband and I are moving to a new city in 3 weeks and we will be near his family. I am so excited to start over in a peaceful environment for this chapter. I won’t let my mother ruin my happiness yet again.

Just had to put that down in words! Thanks for reading.