Is it worth it to give up your career for IVF/pregnancy?

NDJ

I am going through <a href="https://glowing.com/glow-fertility-program">IVF</a> treatment right now and recently my work has been crazy. It is high workload and high stress situation. This is the case for past 1 month and likely to continue for the foreseeable future. I worked on the day of my ER. I had to answer emails on the day of my hysteroscopy. I have only taken medical days off since September. Not a single day for myself. I am terrified to take a day off because there will be a lot of backlog once I get back.

Having said that, I am a workaholic. I do enjoy working and it is the one thing that has kept me (mostly) sane through the whole process.

I am terribly conflicted because I want to go for FET soon and I realise don’t want all the stress. I have never thought of quitting in the last 8 years of my career. I can’t imagine not working and being financially independent. If I turn to my family for advice, they will say quit in a heartbeat.

If anyone has powered through this phase, please share your tips. If you have given up your job/carrer, please share your thoughts and experience.

Vote below to see results!