His ex

Br

So my husband has this ex (man) that he continues to keep in contact with despite knowing how I feel about it. We’ve been together in total 5 years & this one I always felt iffy about because they had an off & on thing going for many years.

We argue about him deleting calls & text message between him & this man maybe 2 to 3 times a year, & it feels like the issue always turns into why am I snooping & his behavior goes unchecked.

He’s told me several times to basically suck it up because he’s going to keep in contact with him or I can leave.

NOW I know you all might think that they’re messing around, but honestly he’s not. & I know this through my extensive snooping. It’s really just the principle of it all that I don’t like.

This past weekend, I went on a girls trip & literally an hour after he dropped me off at the airport he called the ex & set up a meet up. They ended up going to a restaurant the next day with our kids.

When I returned, I asked did he go somewhere because I saw leftovers in the fridge. I sensed some defensiveness from him & asked who did he go with.. as he never really takes our kids out to eat without someone else present. He said “No one, what did you see my credit card statement” That kind of tipped me off that I should look into it so I did. So now he’s lying about meeting up.

I bring it up in the calmest way possible because I didn’t want him to turn it around on me. I explained how deceptive his actions were, waiting until I left, & then lying about who he went out with. Again, he says he’s tired of talking about this subject & I need to get over it because nothing romantic is going on.. I started crying because it hurt my feelings that he’d lie to my face like that & he seemed to be remorseful once the tears started falling. Saying he’ll be honest & tell me if he decides to meet up with the ex again.. I guess that’s okay, but I don’t think I’ll ever be 100 percent okay with this dynamic.

So obviously I’m tired of having to explain why he’s out of line, & he’s tired of explaining himself. Again, nothing sexual or romantic is going on between them. I’m just jealous & he’s a liar, so what do y’all suggest to turn this on going issue around??!!