Partner and I have different morning routines for our girl and now I’m feeling like the bad guy…

So, my partner and I alternate doing the morning routine with our girl.

Basically, she wakes up early and one morning I go to her and the next, her father.

The problem is, after a full night in her nappy (11-12 hours), I believe her nappy should be changed first up before we move onto her bottle, etc.. It takes two minutes and I just want to get her out of her wet, cold nappy.

My partner disagrees. He skips the nappy change and they go and prepare her bottle and have that first up. Sometimes it’s another 40 mins to an hour before he changes her nappy.

The reason? She used to protest just a touch - like for a moment - when one of us would go to change her nappy first thing.. this never used to deter me from changing her nappy as she’d get over it super quickly and I just think it’s important to get her fresh. Plus, I don’t believe we should be teaching her that she can always have her own way or get what she wants immediately without ever having to wait.

I’ve noticed recently she’s getting more and more worked up on my mornings when I go to change her nappy before giving her a bottle - basically getting inconsolable - and I think it’s because she’s realising daddy does it one way and me another, and she prefers it his way because she gets her bottle faster.

Ugh. What do I do? Change my approach or stick to my guns? 😢

She’s 18 months old, by the way…