Bedtime troubles

Lina

Ladies, I need advice🥺

Even though I do a fairly consistent bedtime routine with my 10 month old boy, he gets VERY agitated at bedtime. Usually, he'll have dinner with us, then my husband takes him to shower (he usually gets super relaxed and sleepy at this point). Then I grab him, change him, massage him, comb his hair, and put his PJs. From there it goes like this: I nurse him and almost falls asleep. When I remove him from the breast little boy is ready for a party! Mind you, this is all happening in a very dark room (sometimes I'll use the red light just to see enough), with either white or brown noise going on, and the fan on. Despite the relaxing routine, he simply sits up in bed, then wants to crawl around, play, be silly... He's not cranky (he only starts crying and get cranky after me trying to make him lie down for almost an hour). I don't know what to do, I'm feeling like a failure. I've tried to make sure he'd be awake from his last nap from 3-4 hours before bedtime, but it doesn't matter. He goes from sleepy and relaxed to energized and ready to play within seconds...😭 What do I do?